Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Social Media Rots My Fingers

I have become a creature of two writing styles. The first allows me to construct plots and twists while having my heroes confront their dark moments. I have long thoughts, ones that reach into the future and deep into a character's mind. I'm not sharing those now, because I hope I am that much closer to publishing. My novel writing skills have improved. Even I can tell that, although I have outside confirmation from my critique group.

The second style of writing is reduced to 140 characters on Twitter or to 420 characters on Facebook. I can be short (maybe witty?), but I have a difficult time being in the middle of the writing spectrum. This is why I neglect the blog.

My new goal is one post a week. I can do that, surely. I will attempt to make it about something other than the gushing oil in the Gulf of Mexico. That subject dominates most everyone's thoughts on the Gulf coast. It's more than a worry over loss of revenue. These places are facing the loss of everything they have known.We are saddened that this could have been prevented if done without shortcuts. We are also angry.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Holy cow! A blog post. Well there's a concept. Miss you!