Friday, September 05, 2008

Giddy

We're home.

The dog rushed to our gate then to the neighbor's gate then to ours then to chase the neighbor's cat then she jumped on Phill.

The kids ran to greet the neighbors, filling her in on a week of activities in 30 seconds flat, all three voices at once.

The house smelled like an old church, which I can now say comforted me. I know my job in possible storm hits is to leave with the kids and the dog and important documents so that the husband can do his job well. Still, being away from this house, one that I truly love, challenged me. I wanted to be back in this city, feeling the humid air, hearing the streetcar (not yet running), and being with people who walk places.

I am grateful, very much so, for my sister who took us in with nary a worry.

5 comments:

jmb said...

Welcome back Sarabeth, all's well in your world and everyone is happy and safe.

Trixie said...

Glad everything went well. Alexandra is now living in NYC (actually Pelham) and is experiencing the world of "people who walk places." They have a tiny 2 bedroom walkup. Have sold all their possessions. Should be interesting this winter with a baby, spacey 9 yr old, dog and no car. But she is living her dream. I love that you are both in the same time of setting now.

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

So glad the homecoming was a great one.

ThePreemie Experiment said...

So very thankful that all is well on your home front!

Stacy

Elle said...

Glad we're all back in place! Looks like the Ikester is going to have a
Mexican holiday away from us. Hurray and Ole! Oh, I gave you a tiny award at my place. pick it up when you're inclined.