Friday, July 18, 2008

Yes, I do need a critique group, but I like you ladies better

So, I completed the first draft of another novel last month, closer to six weeks now. Being in a minor rage over a social situation, I needed to focus on something completely unrelated to my problems. Voila! My first draft.

I did some editing. Changed a bit. Tweaked. Now, I need you. Could you, if you have the time, take a gander and leave some feedback?

It's contemporary and aimed at being a category romance, say 50,000 to 90,000 words. It's more compact and less winding than the last novel, which you read at 131,000. Man! You ladies rock that you read so much. On a side note, that last one, Solicitors, currently sits at just over 100,000 words. I'm raking through it again as well.

Need a blurb? You know. Those back of the book paragraphs. Sorry. All I have are a few sentences.


Ten years ago, Susan Tanner would have followed John Duffy anywhere. All he needed was to ask. Duff never found the words. When a chance encounter brings them together, will past relationships, jobs, and children keep them apart?

4 comments:

Liz Self said...

Ooh, the "back of the book" sounds good. I look forward to cozying up to the computer and reading tonight. You know how I love my good love-making scenes...

Trixie said...

Dare is just in bed and WaWa is playing tennis. Assuming the baby falls asleep...then I'll be reading! I bought a nice wine to go with the book too.

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

I don't know how I missed all this. I'm pumped! Hope it's not too late for feedback.

Sarabeth said...

Jen, it's never too late.