Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Comment Spam Strikes Again

For such a long time I had allowed comments without word verification. Isn't that lovely? You just comment and click on submit. I love it when I don't have to read the letters all wonky or on a background designed to make me feel like I have no idea what I am reading. Yet, comment spammers have hit this lightly trafficked blog. As if we are going to click on the words that simply say, "Please click here." I'm not. Would you?

My apologies. You must now figure the string of nonsense letters to say, "Nice lizard," which none of you have said yet. C'mon! Am I the only geeky lizard person here in the blogosphere?

6 comments:

CJ said...

Nice lizards. :-)

Kell said...

Nice Lizards!

Sarabeth said...

Thank you, CJ. Thank you, Kell.

jmb said...

I usually only put it on for a day or so and then they have moved on. I had one this week too. It went on for pages, spewing out horrible stuff, but luckily they only hit two posts.

Lizards remind me of my childhood. We had thousands of little ones everywhere but we had a big goanna who would sit on our back steps in the sun and frighten the life out of us when we flew out. We had a dog too, so it was quite cheeky.

Sarabeth said...

JMB, that's a great story! I despise that LOL thing, but I really am laughing aloud.

dragon knitter said...

nice lizard!

i don't mind comment verification, as long as it's on the same page. i think it's typepad that requires you to go to a different page. of course, i don't catch it quick enough, because i've gone on to the next blog, and the code doesn't work any more, and by the time a new code has come up, i'm off to the next blog, and that code is no longer valid,e ither! ugh