Saturday, March 15, 2008

Irish Channel Club St. Patrick's Day Parade

It goes around the Garden District, up Jackson, along St. Charles, towards the river on Louisiana, and back to the beginning by traveling on Magazine Street. People who have not a drop of Irish DNA dress in green to ask for flowers in exchange for a kiss or beg for beads or . . .

CABBAGE!


They throw. We catch. Offered for throwing/catching are carrots, potatoes, onions, and other foods. Lots of fun. (Photo credits go to my husband. I was begging with my children.)
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Nola said...

I DO love the St. Paddy's parade!! Great shot!

Huckdoll said...

I would love to see that...did you go home and make a soup?? I would!

jmb said...

They do love a party in New Orleans.

angie said...

This looks like So.much.fun.

Sarabeth said...

Huckdoll, I made bubble and squeak. Yummy!

JMB, I am noticing that yes, the residents enjoy a party. Where we live, it is difficult to not be a part of it all.

Nola, my husband got the shots. I gave him the camera saying "Take some."

Angie, it was fun.

MP3 e MP4 said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

lace said...

Did you actually catch the cabbage and take a picture at the same time?

Sarabeth said...

Lace, wouldn't that be amazing if I did! No, my husband was the one snapping the photos yesterday. He didn't want to have to kiss one of the drunk "Irishmen for a day"!

Steve Buser said...

I thought everyone had at least a green drop of Irish DNA.

Elle said...

If you get a chance and there's one nearby, visit a St. Joseph's altar Wed. Truly a spectacle, and get a lucky fava bean.