Saturday, February 02, 2008

Sunny Day For The Parades


With the kids installed on the ladders, we enjoyed a beautiful, warm day for the two parades that rolled uptown today, Iris and Tucks. Afterwards, we enjoyed red beans and rice at a neighbor's house.

For anyone hoppin' tonight, my apologies. My house is a mess from today. People are coming over tomorrow for the four or five (I've lost count) parades. My night of blog hopping will become a night of nagging my husband to clean along with me. I'm using crawfish etouffe as my carrot.

3 comments:

jmb said...

Lovely photo Sarabeth but I could not get up that ladder, stupid though I know it is. Lots of loot there.

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

Looks like a great day was had by all! Throw me something, Sistah!

Sarabeth said...

JMB--if you put your kid on a ladder seat, you must (with a capital M) get behind them to keep any beads from bonking them in the head, smacking them in the eye, or any thing else like that. It can get crazy when a float with throw-happy riders comes by.

The best riders point or catch your eye before throwing a heavy bead. As a parent, you NEVER turn your head. In fact, it is a good idea for anyone that if something falls to the ground forget about it until a band comes by. I heard a story of a woman who had a tooth knocked out!