Thursday, January 31, 2008

My Lungs Thank You, Rain

The parades scheduled to roll this evening have been rescheduled or canceled due to an impending storm.

My two year-old slumped visibly when I told him. This mom did not slump. I cheered, silently, so as not to upset the partially mucus-filled lungs. Taking all three kids to the parades last night did no good for my health. Of course, if I could resist dancing to the beat of all the drummers, perhaps I would have felt much better.

(As an aside, my eldest told me that the Marine Corps band that marched last night was the best she'd heard in all the parades. My response was, "Baby, the Marines are good at everything.")

So, tonight, my children will lament the lack of throws and full-sized plush toys they could garner from the masked riders. I will be printing query letters for the agencies that don't accept emails and emailing the agencies that don't accept snail mail queries.

Yep, I'm doing it. I'm setting myself up for rejection in an attempt to really get The Solicitors of Abigail Bruce published.

5 comments:

Jen of A2eatwrite said...

Oh, those wonderful query letters. I think I might rather be in the rain with bad lungs. (Just kidding). I hope you feel much better and that you get requests for fulls and offers of representation shortly!

Nola (www.nolanotes.com) said...

I was relieved too!

jmb said...

Good luck with the letters.

I take it you have walking pneumonia. I hope it departs soon.

Trixie said...

I was hoping you'd stay home! It rained here too and WaWa asked if you were crazy enough to have a repeat of parade watching in the rain. I had to think about my answer. Then I said "yes" but I'm glad you proved me wrong!

wolfbaby said...

im sick myself and miserable.. i hate that feeling and hope you get better soon!!!

as for the letters.. so cool. frame the rejections so when you get an accepted letter you can doo the ra ra bootie dance and stick out our tongue at all the rejectors LOL... best of luck