Friday, October 26, 2007

Thinking of beaches

My father, husband, me, and my mother return from a walk on Pensacola Beach. That year (2003), the beach had sand from offshore added to increase the distance to the shore from the Gulf-front houses. The variety and quality of shells found with a minimal amount of digging (and who can resist digging in the sand?) amazed all of us. Phill and I have a frame that we decorated with the shells we collected.

That's what I do when it has been raining for the past three days. Mind you, I am not complaining as our area has been under drought restrictions recently. According to Weather Underground, our area has received 2.1 inches of rain as of 4:00pm today. Our backyard pond is overflowing but incredibly clear. After its assault in September of a puncture and much evaporation, its has new life. Just in time for the real estate open house this Sunday.

No comments: