- Overlook the mess left by renters
- Resist the hook of a well-staged house
- Determine if the rooms will allow five people to live comfortably
- Accurately determine yard size and fence height for one dog
- Decide if the parking is adequate
- Approximate the time to and from work.
Besides having a contract on a house, I have been arranging financing, determining who will provide homeowners' and flood insurance, and comparing quotes for moving companies. My head is swimming with names, numbers, and dates.
I still haven't chosen a school for the children. That will wait until we are actually in New Orleans. Getting the kids down there for just a visit is too expensive and time-consuming.
Now, I've done it. My headache worsened.