Monday, October 01, 2007

Buckling Down

This July, when Phill and I made the decision to move, I told him that I wanted to finish the novel before we moved. He finishes here in C'ville in six weeks. Whether the entire family is gone by then is still unknown (house needs to sell, find a house in NOLA, schools, aaaggghhhh).

Instead of writing on the blog, I will be using what time I have for writing on the novel. I will post photos, though.


jmb said...

That's a good thing to aim for in my opinion.
I hope all goes well with the move. It can be very stressful but I know. This is a very brave undertaking for your family.

Ami said...

I'm sure you can do it.

Again, good luck on the move. I read your post about second guessing your educational plan for your daughter. Don't let the teachers or administrators get you down. You know your daughter best.

I'm not sure if you can afford it, but where you are going a private school may be a better thing for you, if you can find a secular one. The religious ones tend to teach creationism as science. The Catholic ones might be okay, but of course there you have your daughter participating in mass sometimes. I tried to find a private school in a state with very poor schools and ran into those kinds of problems. I ended up homeschooling. Then we moved, and I have to admit better schools was one of the reasons.