Tuesday, September 25, 2007

BOB Books

In a large roundup of mom bloggers reviewing BOB Books, I suppose much of what I have to say will be lost. Still, it is really interesting to read how others have used these books.

Forgive me if I am not as coherent as I could be. All my perceptions of the first set of BOB books are wrapped up in my mother angst regarding my intelligent children.

Can my five year old read an entire BOB book? Yes.

Does she feel accomplished when she completes the book? No. She wants more complicated books although she is a lazy reader and infers the intent of the sentence without bothering to read the actual words. That describes me at times when I'm reading as well.

Are the BOB books useful? Definitely for the early reader playing around with sounds and for whom completing an entire book is a major accomplishment. My daughter has moved beyond that stage. I do look forward to using the books with my four year old.

1 comment:

Marjorie said...

Thanks for your review, Sarabeth! Fear not - your review is a lot less "lost" than you think it is. :-)