Monday, July 23, 2007

Days of New Orleans

Everyone can yell at me now. I did not take photos. Sorry. I wasn't feeling touristy. I was just feelin' the place, which is so unlike me. I did analyze later. Still, no photos.

The first evening we had dinner at August, a restaurant of John Besh's. The place was adjacent to our hotel. Lovely dinner with great service. If money is no object, drop by 301 Tchoupitoulas Street. It's just off Poydras.

We didn't do much else but eat and talk that evening as we had traveled all day with the children to Jackson, MS, where the children remained with family. They didn't miss us one bit.

1 comment:

Clark Bartram said...

I had offered to give Phil the skinny on New Orleans but he never responded to my email. I went to med school there and my wife grew up there. We go back often. Let me know if you have any questions about places to eat.