Monday, July 30, 2007

Chapter 39

As I get closer to the end of my story, the writing is more difficult. Choosing the words becomes laborious. I want it to be as close to perfect as I can get, instead of just typing the simplest version and editing later. As wacky as it sounds, my characters deserve that.

Yes, I do consider the characters worthy of my empathy. What's odd is that I know more about them than you do. There is so much creative thought that goes into one character. Much of the characters' pasts are not relevant to this story, but yet, those pasts caused the characters to be who they are in the story.

Can you understand how strange it all is? None of it is real, but I know remember it and keep it all in consideration as I write. I try not to think too much on the conundrum of fictional characters with pasts that I needn't reveal. It's too much like a Star Trek time travel episode. Phill and I can talk hours and hours about one of those.

Without further useless typing, Chapter 39. As usual, I'm open to critique.

No comments: