Monday, June 04, 2007

Waiting for an Answer

I'm forcing myself to not write what is in my head because I am angry. This isn't my normal angry, which means an immediate flare. Afterwards I must fix what I broke because of my anger. Repair is no fun at those times.

This anger is a low burn. I am unused to this feeling, and I want to use this low heat to cook someone's ass. However, that wouldn't be the best course of action.

This will be a group effort to repair what someone else's ridiculous, underhanded decision has broken. At least I hope that we can accomplish our objective. We are all motivated, and we instantly banded together.

Hopefully, I won't need to write about the details. If I don't, we, the angry ones, will have prevailed. If I write more, the situation is not going well for us.

Have you ever had a situation like this: one that you must dampen your emotions so that it can be resolved in the best manner?

11 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Oh yes. Raising teenagers. I have to keep my temper if I want to keep my sanity, but it's a losing battle.

turtle toes said...

I am dealing with a situation right now. The anger keeps trying to seep in and I keep trying to push it aside. This is the reason why I can't write on my personal blog. It's been going on for over a month and the end is not in sight.

Sarabeth said...

Elizabeth--the situation relates to children, which is probably why so much anger is involved. Parents are rarely dispassionate when it involves their offspring.

Turtle--If this lasts a month, oh help. My best to you.

Kell said...

Every Day of My Life... (I know - I sound like I will need remedication soon - but so far, I'm still holding out)

Sarabeth said...

Kell, that does not sound healthy.

wolfbaby said...

Umm urrr...im sorry but confused. I hope things work out well though.

Sarabeth said...

Wolfbaby, I'll try to explain.

Where we live is a relatively small community for the size of the place. News travels fast here. If I were to write about what is occuring then my words would be broadcast to this community via two aggregators of blogs in our area.

I do not want to cause waves that will only make the situation more difficult to handle. We want diplomacy first. As I don't blog anonymously, my name will be recognized. I am holding my cards close until diplomacy is not working.

Trixie said...

Yes. But this is my life. Without it, I would be someone totally different.

elizabeth.thomas said...

I'm trying to think of a situation where I kept it in - and sadly, I'm afraid I can't. Not really good in that department - I LET IT OUT!

Ami said...

There is so much I don't write because I am not anonymous. One particular thing has caused a lot of anger and pain. But I don't think that publicly talking about it would do anything. The situation mostly over, and the remnants of it are as good as it is going to get. Well, maybe in a couple of years it will get a little better.

Sarabeth said...

Ami, a problem of being who you are, and not anonymous, when blogging.

My reason is so that I do not cause damage before all the civil discourse is exhausted.

I did start a letter writing campaign today. Felt good to be at the center of a mess. Really good. ACTION is good. It certainly compensated for not allowing my anger to burst forth.