Saturday, June 02, 2007

Two for the Price of One

Of course, the price is free, and I make no claims about how good these two chapters are.

Honestly, I like these chapters. When I wrote them, I was happy. Mentally, I envisioned these two people having the conversation. Phill helped me by reminding me to make enough time for beer drinking. Just that piece of advice helped me expand the conversation and explore more than I had originally planned. In the end, I love the interplay between the main characters. I like the way she fantasizes. I like her anger and her softening. Is there still work to be done to make these smooth? Certainly.

If you read these before, Chapter 11 has changed quite a bit. Again, all flashbacks have been removed. No omniscient narrator for you. We must view the past through her stories. Chapter 12 has only a few edits. I think it will need more, but I am tired. My writing brain has already tucked itself under the covers and is sleeping peacefully.

JMB, this should fill in a few of the holes that you noticed about dancing in later chapters.

Chapter 11 and Chapter 12.

No comments: