Friday, June 15, 2007

It shouldn't, but it does

On May 29th, I sent my entry to the WOW! Women on Writing Spring Flash Fiction contest. Hitting the "send" button was a small, but momentous occasion. The story was complete. I followed the rules. I sent it.

Today, I received an email stating that my entry had been received and reformatted to catch any odd spacing caused by email incompatibilities. In addition to that note in the email, this line made my heart race:
2. Your entry has made it through FIRST ROUND JUDGING!
Our interns and contributing editors have turned in their scorecards and scores have been averaged. Note: We remove all contact information: names, contact e-mails, addresses, and phone numbers to ensure complete fairness among entries, no matter what city, state, country etc.

Should it have? No. Yet, oh, it did. I feel a small amount of accomplishment. Aren't I pitiful?

4 comments:

elizabeth.thomas said...

It would have made my heart race as well. That isn't pitiful - that is just a little bit of YES! someone else besides family and friends liked what I wrote!

wolfbaby said...

that is cool!! congrats.. don't say things like that it owuldn't have made it if it wasn't good.. be happy!!

jmb said...

Congratulations, of course it's not pitiful to feel good about it. We are all jealous. Enjoy the excitement, the anticipation. I'm crossing my fingers, toes and eyes for luck.
regards
jmb

Tricia said...

That's terrific! Good luck!