Friday, April 27, 2007

Things you should know about my father (5)

From my cousin-in-law, Molly. He always wore a nice shirt. His shirt was always laundered, lightly starched, and well-ironed. He was quite adamant about that. The only time that he didn't wear a nice shirt was when he worked in the yard, and even then he might be wearing a button down shirt that had a bit of wear. In his bureau were some t-shirts that he kept just for yard work. Many of them were once mine from college. Some even were from my sorority. I always thought he was a very cool dad because he would unabashedly wear a gray t-shirt with pink and purple lettering.

Soon, my father will have been gone for a year. His name was Norris Wilmer Thomas, Jr. To honor him, I will post something about him each day. Maybe it will only be about a habit he had. Some posts may be longer. I don't know. I will write them as they occur to me.

I am also leaving the comments open. If you knew him, add something. If you only want to tell me that I will get over the sorrow, don't. That isn't helpful to me. Let these posts be about him.

No comments: