Monday, April 23, 2007

Things you should know about my father (1)


When he was thinking of a solution to a problem, he rubbed his hand over his hair from the crown to the forehead.



Soon, my father will have been gone for a year. His name was Norris Wilmer Thomas, Jr. He was 61 years of age when he died of a myocardial infarction in front of my mother. To honor him, I will post something about him each day. Maybe it will only be about a habit he had. Some posts may be longer. I don't know. I will write them as they occur to me. I wrote the one above because I watched my 1.5 year old son do the same motion today. I am also leaving the comments open. If you knew him, add something. If you only want to tell me that I will get over the sorrow, don't. That isn't helpful to me. Let these posts be about him.

3 comments:

molly said...

He didn't talk about himself, but was very talkative and friendly. He always had a nice shirt on.

elizabeth.thomas said...

I remember that motion - so very much.

dragon knitter said...

while i didn't know your father, i can understand seeing those things. my dad was a very loving, emotional man. my son is 14, and acts exactly like him. even his laugh. i think it's great!