Thursday, November 09, 2006

Why I don't talk politics

I have never felt that I know exactly what to do. I listen to and read both sides of an argument and scratch my head wondering which one is the best or the lesser of two evils.

I listen to pundits and read bloggers who act as if they are the ones with the best ideas. How do they know? What makes them so sure that their policies will be the best? I just don't have those convictions on so many issues.

It isn't that I don't have convictions. It's just that I don't know if they are right for everyone.

I believe that abortion should be legal. I couldn't personally have an abortion unless my life was in peril. I have three other children to consider.

I think the US should enforce our immigration laws and find a way to make the borders more secure.

I think the IRS should be scrapped in favor of the Fair Tax.

I agreed whole-heartedly with welfare reform all those years ago.

I cheered as we blasted the Taliban out of power in Afghanistan.

The issues of the day now, well, I just don't know. I don't know how to secure a win in Iraq. I don't know how to change the views of radical Muslims that the west is not the anti-Mohammed.

Do I think the Democrats will make a difference in the next two years for the better? I don't know. I'd like to see some fiscal responsibility, some cooperation between parties for workable compromises, real projects and not pork. The Republicans didn't give this to us. Who will?

I'm done now. No more politics for a while.

No comments: