Thursday, November 02, 2006

Nearest Book Meme

I saw this at Fat Doctor. I keep a few books right by the computer for reference. This one was easy. And, I did choose the book at the top. Honest Injun. The book beneath it was a collection of Edgar Allen Poe's writings.

1. Grab the nearest book.

2. Open the book to page 123.

3. Find the fifth sentence.

4. Post the text of the next four sentences on your blog, along with these instructions.

5. Don't you dare dig for that "cool" or "intellectual" book in your closet! I know you were thinking about it! Just pick up whatever is closest!

From Cherubs in the Land of Lucifer by Phillip Gordon:

She stayed to be with me. Our love was mushrooming into something that neither of us could bear to think about giving up. Medical school began to consume more and more of my time. That fall, Sarabeth began applying to graduate schools.


And, just how weird is it that page 123 is about me?

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

If you have any questions, please include them in your fax reply."

Millionaire Next Door

Genevieve said...

"I ain't undisposed. What's your line -- mainly?"

"Jour printer, by trade; do a little in patent medicines; theatre-actor -- tragedy, you know; take a turn at mesmerism and phrenology when there's a chance; teach singing; geography school for a change; sling a lecture, sometimes -- oh I do lots of things -- most anything that comes handy, so it ain't work. What's your lay?"

(Four sentences from page 123 of a paperback edition of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain)

I copied this meme to my own blog. Thanks for posting it -- it was fun.

mchebert said...

Ok, I did that, but the book I pulled doesn't have 123 pages. So here is the 5th sentence from page 23:

Ben, ecoutez, il y a plusieurs points.

It's from a language series I am using to brush up on my French.