Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Leaving it all behind

Tomorrow my husband will be traveling to North Carolina to attend a family member's funeral. He'll drive down and return all in the same day. It will be a long day for him. It will be a long day for me, but at least I don't have to travel with all of the kids.

I don't really like North Carolina--not the parts that I know. Sorry to all of you who do like North Carolina. This is simply my opinion. The Research Triangle was hot in the summer and the beaches and mountains were too far away. When we left for Charlottesville, I was supremely happy. I do have friends in NC that I dearly love--VetKelly and MinnieMikki. My husband's family is all in NC as well. I just don't want to live there.

My dislike of living in NC is why I chose the song for the day--"Goodbye to Carolina" by Lyle Lovett.

What about you? Did you live somewhere that you didn't like?

5 comments:

turtle toes said...

I lived in Birmingham, AL for about a year and was miserable. I often wonder if my situation at the time was different, would I have liked the city? I have since been back to visit several times and have enjoyed it.

Maverck said...

I lived in Tupelo, Mississippi for two years and was unhappy there for 23 months - I gave it a month. It was just too small for me and not enough to do. Not too mention the whole town closes down at 10:00 pm - and this night owl was miserable!!

jarhead john said...

Hehehe, I had the opposite reasons for disliking the Baltimore, MD area. Too many people, and I'm not a big fan of "city life." I enjoyed my stay on the NC coast, and hope to head back there sometime in the next few years.

Trixie said...

Sebring and Lake Placid, FL

To small. To narrow minded.
With an average age of 70!

Liz Self said...

I like parts of North Carolina -- like the moutainous areas where I was married, which was just a few miles across the VA-NC border. But I HATED Fayetteville, NC, where I spent three years of my tortured adolescence.