Friday, September 01, 2006

Sad

Dad and Larien, then two, eating breakfast together. She fed him raisins, cheerios, and some other assortment of foods.

I'm very sad today. I was yesterday and the day before. My eldest daughter has been talking quite a bit about my father this week. She can move from being sad to smiling at her baby brother in a matter of minutes. The effect on me lasts much longer.

Let's blame it on the rain. That way I can avoid acknowledging that my brain holds onto denial. It's the rain making me sad.
Dad lets White Dragon lick a lemon in his hand. He gave her the nickname.
I can`t stand the rain
Against my window
Bringing back sweet memories
I can`t stand the rain
Against my window
Because he`s not here with me

Hey window pane
Do you remember
How sweet it used to be
When we were together
Everything was so grand
Now that we`ve parted
There`s one sound that I just can`t stand

No comments: