Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Making the Most of Time

This morning, as she was getting dressed, my four year old said to me, "Mommy, I want Mom Mom to come live with us so I can see her lots before she dies."

She knows she wanted more time with my father. She knows she did not get to spend the amount of time with him that she would have wanted. My four year old is searching for the connection she lost when her Pop Pop died. She wants to forge a new one with my mother.

I'll have to tell my mom about this request from Inwe. I only hope I can do so without crying. I'm getting tired of tears.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Have you told her?
Would see come there and work and live?
Could you stand having her that close?

We have invited my parents on many occasions to come live by, near or with us. There have been no takers on this offer!