Friday, September 08, 2006

Burnt

My typing abilities are impaired due to a craft accident last night. My middle and index fingers are burnt right underneath the nails and at the tips. The burns were bad enough that I had to dig through my medicine cabinet to get the pain killers from after my c-section a year ago. Even with the pain killers I had to keep my fingers on ice continuously--from 9:30pm until 3:30am. At 3:30am I was able to remove my fingers from the ice without feeling scorching pain.

When my fingers are less sensitive to pressure I will write the story and post the picture of what did this to me. It wasn't cooking.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh. I'm nursing a craft injury right now - I did a mosaic with broken glass - and an itsy bit of it is currently loged in my thumb - I'm trying to dig it out with an exacto knife... but I'm such a baby... - kellincatty

wolfbaby said...

hey hope your fingers get better soon that has gotta be painful..

the granola said...

Ow ow ow.

Hot glue gun? Except I've never heard of something quite that bad with a glue gun.

Sorry about your fingers. Years and years ago in AP biology I learned that this was the only defacto thing that Aloe Vera does: it's good for pain for burns.

Hope it gets better soon.