Sunday, August 27, 2006

Yep, pretty much sums it up

I'm pretty sure some days I would cause them to make these faces.

This makes me think about my dad. He was adamant that my sister and I wear a belt if our pants had loops. I didn't like wearing a belt. I wore my shirt out most of the time. He didn't like that either. "Tuck your shirt in." I heard that so many times.

I also heard, "Are you going to wear your hair like that?" I had really long hair. Most days I would curl it, but some days I would wear it in a ponytail. He didn't like that unless I was playing basketball.

He never missed a game from junior high to high school. He was always there cheering.

He would also go to school events with my mother (she's a high school assistant principal). He went to prom, numerous basketball and football games, and just a few days before he died he went to graduation with my mother. All of the coaches and teachers at the high school liked him for just that reason. He supported my mother in her job. Such a role model.

3 comments:

Trixie said...

I wonder what they would think too! Especially when I watch the secret shooter footage and then I go out in something which I know I shouldn't be wearing!

Kell said...

Stacey and Clinton have changed my life - And regarding your father - mine somehow survived my sister's MadonnaCyndiLauperValleyGirl phase... so he (and your father) should be rewarded.

the granola said...

Yeah, today I'm "not dressed for public consumption". I ran, I showered, combed my hair, and dressed. That is about all I can say for my appearance.

My dad used to hate me wearing my shirt untucked, too. He would always say, "I don't know how you can stand to wear that, but it's modest so I'm not going to tell you how to dress."

And now we wear them sticking outside the bottom of our sweaters!

Husband also hates untucked T-shirts. He wears his T-shirts tucked in with a belt. I tell him he looks like a nerd. "And why is that a problem?" he replies as he heads off to spend 8 hours programming a computer...