Tuesday, August 29, 2006

Molly, the dog

I'm not sad about Sogria. I want you all to know that. It was time.

Perhaps the most comforting part of yesterday was that our wonderful vet came to our house. Molly hated the vet's office. Every time that I would take her there for vaccinations or to get medicine for her skin or ears, she would be extremely agitated and attempt to get out. When I spoke to the vet yesterday morning about Molly's end of life, I asked him if he could come to us. His answer was an immediate, "Absolutely."

As a result, Molly got to hobble down to the fish pond with me, smell the ever-decreasing warren of rabbits (thanks to White Dragon), and sniff at the pears that have dropped on the ground. As we did this I watched her left rear leg give out six times. She barely greeted our vet when he came in the house. She didn't get up but just lifted her head with a lame wooo-wooo. It was easy. It was peaceful. I am at ease that I gave a good life to a good dog who was mistreated and neglected by others.

White Dragon? She's moping.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Goodbye sweet Molly. I'll miss petting you and your woo-woos. You were a good day and you were very much loved. Go find Daddy - he will pet and love you and bring you into the pack of dogs I know he has with him.

golfgail said...

Letting Molly die in her own home was a beautiful and peaceful good bye. Some good fortune will come to you and the vet.

Sheila said...

I am glad that she was home for this final event. Mama hates the vet too. I would prefer that it happen at home where she loved to be....

I think WDragon is grieving not moping.

Kuky said...

It was her time and I know she will be missed. How wonderful that she had a peaceful passing in a place she knew with those who loved her around.