Sunday, May 28, 2006

Beyer the Poodle--not a dog

This is a picture of Beyer, my parents' miniature poodle, with my father from Halloween. He is a poodle; he is not a dog. Seriously, he has very few traits that are dog-like. I mean, my dad had to teach him to growl. He's so gentle.

Dad also taught him to take bits of beef jerky from his mouth right before bedtime. He had to do this because, unlike most dogs, Beyer doesn't like to eat. He is hand fed. I have seen him take the initiative to eat on his own, but that is a rare occurence. In March, Dad taught Inwe, my eldest, how to do the jerky in the mouth feeding method. Tonight, my mom was too tired to get on the floor and feed him with her mouth, so I got the job. Inwe is right; it is wet and fuzzy. However, I don't really want to do it again.

1 comment:

jarhead john said...

Now THAT's dedication. Simply amazing.