Saturday, February 04, 2006

Working on the Web Site

Kuky directed me to a webpage all about HTML. The website is actually for kids (and the young at heart), but I have looked at other HTML tutorials and this one blows the others out of the water for ease of use.

Phill and I accomplished this in just about four or five hours--all the learning included. The actual building of the web page was really easy and took very little time.

What is best about all of this is that I have learned something new. I really strive to be a life-long learner. The adage that "you lose it if you don't use it" is a driving force for me. Learning HTML definitely counts as using my brain. And, I still have much more to learn about how to add more "bells and whistles" to a website.

This site is not yet active. To use Kuky's analogy: we have bought a parking space, we have designed what the car will look like, but we haven't yet gotten the car (web host). We'll do that when all of the book components are in the final stages.

2 comments:

Trixie said...

Way to go! I loved working in HTML when I had the time.

Kuky said...

Glad to be of help! :) Can't wait to see what you've been working on.