Monday, February 27, 2006

What do you read?

Trixie made a comment on her blog that she felt it was one dimensional, maybe even boring. That made me wonder what a person does want or look for in a blog?

I read a variety of blogs: those of friends or friends of friends; political blogs; military blogs; a science blog, and a blog of a science fiction author and essayist on today's society. I read those blogs because they are not my life or the content reflects my beliefs and sometimes because they do not reflect or even remotely reflect my beliefs. I read for information as well as for a release from the every day. I even want to know about your every day. It doesn't matter. It isn't my every day.

What type of blogs do you read and why do you read them?

3 comments:

Kell said...

I read, occasionally, freakonomics for stuff I don't understand made simple (which makes me the simplest simpleton). I'm a fan of Dave Barry's blog, You knit what?, and Vanity Fair's Stylephile. Other than that, it's a handful of miscellaneous people out there.

molly said...

most of the blogs I read are work related...library stuff. also, the weather, BBC, new york times and the astronomy picture of the day.

Trixie said...

You..Kell...ah knitters...some random military blogs...some odd people and lots of adoption. I read to entertain and to learn but mostly to avoid housework.