Monday, February 13, 2006

Grumpy Goat Anyone?

Phill and I have a fantasy (no not that kind!) of opening a pub. It would be no smoking. There would be great beer, imported and domestic. We'd serve some comfort food and real English pub food as well as healthy alternatives. Kids would be welcome. We'd call it "The Grumpy Goat". Phill came up with the name, not me.

I tell you this because I'm in the mood to start a fourth blog. I know, I'm crazy. Like I have time for this. However, I do want to do it. I want to name it "The Grumpy Goat" and post a daily recipe. Where would I get those recipes? From me and from you. If you want to participate and send in some recipes please let me know. You can email them to me and you'll get full credit for the recipe.

The plan would be to post "High Fat" or "High Sugar" warnings for the comfort foods. I'd also post pictures of completed recipes.

So, what do you think?

5 comments:

molly said...

Sounds great! However, I have seen you cook and you don't use a recipe!

Liz Self said...

I would definitely contribute and use!

Kell said...

Comfort Food Cookie Bars
(It's a special concoction of my own - Made right in one pan - with all the variations that you could possibly want)

1 package (not the box - just the package) graham crackers, crushed (about 1 c. crumbs)

(I've also tried this crust with crushed pretzels. mmmm)

spread them over the bottom of a 9x13 pan

Pour 1 Cup melted butter over crumbs - Mix and respread over bottom of pan. Press to form crust.

Choose two of the following, and layer in the pan over the crust:

1 bag chocolate chips
1 bag PB chips
1 bag butterscotch chips
1 bag white chocolate chips

Layer any combination of the following:

Raisins, coconut, crushed nuts of your choice, M&M's

Drizzle with one can of Sweetened Condensed Milk

Bake at 350-degrees for about a half hour, or until the Sweetened Condensed Milk turns a nice, glazy brown.

Cool a little, cut into squares with pizza cutter, and Comfort yourself into sheer cholesterol oblivion. (In other words, it's best if you cut them, then bring them to your event, serve them, and don't bring any home... Too good!)

Kuky said...

I love the idea!! I LOVE food and like trying out new recipes!

Trixie said...

There are a bunch of cooks that I have linked to on my blog. If you go through their blogs, you might find something there - - contact them for the full recipes.

I have always been a supporter of the Grumpy Goat dream. I would totally come and bring all my friends.