Monday, January 23, 2006

Real or Art?

There is a blog called Post Secret. On it are postcards sent in anonymously. These postcards have "secrets" on them. My question is how many of these are real secrets and how many of these are fabricated secrets made for art purposes? The postcards really are art. Some of them are quite lovely, poignant, and disturbing. I just don't have a secret that I would print on a card. I can think of plenty "secrets" to make into a card, but they aren't really private.

Do you have any secrets that you would post? Any hateful thoughts that you need to get out?

Like I said, I don't. At least not anonymously. Here are two from me, which I guess should go on my Assumptions post.

  • I don't like others to see me cry. That would show a weakness.

  • I went to a psychiatrist once. I won't do it again.

No comments: