Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Meme and a Short Poem

Trixie tagged me on this meme, so I thought I would lighten up and follow along.

Remove the blog in the top of the list and put yours at the bottom:
  1. cat

  2. amy

  3. alex

  4. trixie

  5. hp

Then you get to select five people to tag with this meme, like so:
  1. Maverick

  2. Kuky

  3. Manateechik—she needs to do something light-hearted.

  4. Madam Librarian (aka Molly)

  5. VetKelly

What were you doing 10 years ago?

Slogging through graduate school in Seattle, Washington.

What were you doing 1 year ago?

I have no idea. I’m sure I was being a mom, but I don’t remember anything more specific.

Five snacks you enjoy:

  1. Baby carrots

  2. Cashews

  3. Grapes

  4. Chocolate chip cookies

  5. Popcorn

Five songs to which you know all the lyrics:

  1. I want your sex-George Michael

  2. You oughta know-Alanis Morrisette (the angry version)

  3. Morning Town Ride-as sung by the Wiggles

  4. Country Road-John Denver

  5. Bohemian Rhapsody-Queen

Five bad habits:

  1. Saying ‘butt’ in front of my children.

  2. Leaving trash in the car.

  3. Placing papers and mail in a box until I can do something with them

  4. Throwing anything in the bottom of my closet.

  5. Eating a whole package of chocolate chip cookies

Five things you like doing:

  1. Yoga

  2. Reading

  3. Cooking with my children

  4. Playing play-doh with my children

  5. Sleeping

Five things you would never wear again:

  1. Pink and green together

  2. Two polo shirts with the collars turned up.

  3. Culottes

  4. Soccer shorts

  5. Leggings with an oversize sweater

Five favorite toys:

  1. Legos

  2. Little People

  3. Barbie Dolls

  4. Sit and Spin

  5. Play-doh

Five home must-haves that you don’t have but really, obscenely want:

  1. Yard service, complete with dog waste removal

  2. Overhead heater in all the bathrooms.

  3. Shower stall with two shower heads

  4. Personal chef.

  5. Garage organization system.

Where do you want to be at this time next year?

Here? Wherever my husband and children are? At home with just one child; Inwe in kindergarten and Larien in 3yo preschool.


I’m not sure how this poem relates to this meme, but I felt like putting it in.

My Heart Leaps Up

By William Wordsworth

My heart leaps up when I behold
     A rainbow in the sky;
So was it when my life began;
So is it now I am a man;
So be it when I shall grow old.
     Or let me die!
The Child is father of the Man;
And I could wish my days to be
Bound each to each by natural piety.

1 comment:

Trixie said...

Thanks, Cookie Monster. You are a good sport.