Thursday, January 26, 2006

A little bit of promotion and some housekeeping

Inwe's first babysitter and my friend, Liz Self, has started a blog. She's newly married, newly moved to Chicago, and really interesting. Her husband, Wes, completed medical school here at UVA, and I met her through the March of Dimes. Liz is also a good writer and is a bit different. Take some time to check it out.

I've also updated my links on the sideboard. I've put in a few blogs that I read daily. These include Trixie, Kuky, Liz, and a few others of people I don't personally know. One of these is The Officer's Club, a milblog. This site is chock full of information, pictures, and opinions. It's definitely worth looking at each day if you have the time. I don't always agree with them, but I like to see all sides.

Another site that I read when I get the quiet time for it is Contrary Brin. Dr. Brin is an astrophysicist, science fiction author, Libertarian, and thinker. The posts can be long, and it is always worth it to read the discussion in the comments. Dr. Brin wrote some of my favorite novels. Just search Amazon.com for him to see his books. Startide Rising and Uplift War are wonderful.

So, take a bit of time to check out the updated links. I try to add to them and remove them as I change my browsing. If you have any suggestions of blogs to read, please post them in the comments. I accept anonymous comments.

No comments: