Monday, January 09, 2006

Hubble Stars

I read a story from the Associated Press about the Hubble Telescope. Astronomers have identified a second companion star to the Northern Star, Polaris.

The above photo is from the image galleries on the Hubble website.

Since I've been lax on posting verse, here is today's submission.

From Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I
By William Shakespeare

I could well be moved, if I were as you;
If I could pay to move, prayers would move me:
But I am constant as the northern star,
Of whose true-fixt and resting quality
There is no fellow in the firmament.
The skies are painted with unnumber'd sparks,
They are all fire, and every one doth shine;
But there's but one in all doth hold his place:
So in the world, -'tis furnisht well with men,
And men are flesh and blood, and apprehensive,
Yet in the number I do know but one
That unassailable hold on his rank,
Unshaked of motion: and that I am he,
Let me a little show it . . .

2 comments:

Kell said...

One good poem deserves another:

love is more thicker than forget
more thinner than recall
less seldom than a wave is wet
more frequent than to fail
it is most mad and moonly
and more it shall unbe
than all the seas which only
are deeper than the sea

love is always less than to win
less never than alive
less frequent than the least begin
less littler than forgive
it is most sane and sunly
and more it cannot die
than all the stars which only are
higher than the sky

Kell said...

Oh. ee cummings