Thursday, December 08, 2005

One of those days

Maybe it's because Finwe cried on the way to and from Inwe's school this afternoon.

Maybe it's because Larien and Finwe wanted constant attention this morning.

Maybe it's because I still can't get the smushed banana out of the carpet or keep White Dragon from munching that spot.

Maybe it's because I have opened the door to the outside for White Dragon countless times this morning.

Maybe it's because the new incentive program that I devised to make the reading lessons progress faster isn't working to my specifications.

Maybe it's because I have a severe pain in my neck and shoulders from having Finwe strapped in the infant carrier all morning.

Maybe it's because I really, really want to sleep in but I know I won't because Phill is playing doctor for the next two weeks.

Maybe it's the dawning realization that during these next two weeks I will have to get three kids fed and dressed in time to get Inwe to school.

Maybe it's because we might get more snow and/or ice tonight and tomorrow making life with two active girls a bit more challenging as we'll have to stay inside or bust our butts on slick ground.

Or maybe it's just because I'm one woman with three kids, two dogs, and one big house to run, but it really is one of those days when I just want to shut down, crawl in a hole, and not come out.

Oh, for the heck of it, let's just blame it on hormones.