Monday, November 21, 2005

Movie Night

Last evening, Phill and I left the three kids with T so that we could go to dinner and a movie. We chose Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I have read five of the six books, and I like them. I'm not super fan, but I do appreciate the magical world she has created. Plus, she writes about teen angst well. That's what I remember from the novel--the laughs and nervous giggles that slipped from my mouth as I read the fourth in the series. The movie does an admirable job with the teen angst, and as usual, the actors do a great job capturing J.K. Rowling's characters.

Someone dies in this story, but when I read the book I had no emotion--I was too worried what was happening to Harry to really feel the emotion. However, while I watched the movie I cried when this character died. I felt the loss.

So, well worth the $8.25 each we paid, plus the $1.oo each for Fandango. We didn't stand in line and got seats right where we wanted them. Not bad for opening weekend.

No comments: