Friday, November 18, 2005

I'm not sure whether laughing is the response wanted

As I browsed the CNNMoney headlines this evening I saw that a Ten Worst Toys list had been released this morning by W.A.T.C.H. As a mom I wanted to see what these toys were. It's important to know the potential injury level of toys that your kids may receive from unknowing individuals. The list contained a few dolls and toys that have too many small parts that can be removed; these are easy to spot for any parent so I had no worries here. A set of blocks were also on the list, which didn't surprise me as a choking hazard. The next two, a paintball shooter and a water bomb launching kit, didn't bother me as I don't think I'll have to worry about my children receiving these toys (at least until Finwe is older). However, the last toy had me laughing.

What is this you ask? A Lord of the Rings Uruk Hai Crossbow. Yeah, baby. A crossbow so you, I mean your kid, can pretend that you (again, your kid) are one of the nasty, cannabalistic, born from the ground beneath Sauruman's tower Isengard Uruk Hai's carting off Pippin and Merry. You (your kid) can pretend to use Boromir as a pin cushion as he kneels dying.

Yeah, this is a toy I would want my kid to receive. Phill might want it, though.

No comments: